• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cricket food question

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have been feeding veggies to the crix but they are keeping the bin too humid. What else can I feed them that I might have around the house? Is cat or dog food good? I know they will eat it but is it ok for the beardies to eat the crix after they eat the dog or cat food?

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Personally, I'd only feed them veggies. Do you have proper ventilation for the crickets? I haven't had a problem with veggies making the cricket home humid.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, it has been fine until now. The summer humidity has set in here so even in the house humidity levels are up and in turn the cricket bin humidity is up.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have read that but just don't trust too much of what I read out there. I want to feed something that is going to in turn be good for the dragons. I know veggies is best but it is very humid in there. The cardboard is getting soft from all the moisture.

northface75

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
cat food is very high in protein. wont have the vitamins without veggies, but its still a somewhat nutritious gutload

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi,

I feed my crickets ground up dog pellets, Beardie pellets, Tropical fish flakes (They LOVE it, polish it off daily) and whatever salad Pogie gets . . . they get too

No problems with crics or Pogie

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was looking at the lable on baby cereal and saw phosphorus so did not think that was a good idea.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Personally i dont think you should feed crix anything you wouldn't feed your beardie. I always stuck with veggies.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I actually have the same problem with the humidity rising in my bug bins when i feed fresh veggies. Here's what i use.

Chicken Starter Mash
Wheat Germ
Prebiotics
Fish food

All ground together. I also feed my roaches and other bugs the same mix. I make it for about $9.00/per 100 lbs.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I cut a bigger hole in the lid in hopes that will help, if not I will try the cricket mush stuff. Thanks Gina

Latest posts