• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

could this also be used as subtrate??

digidragon9129

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i was wondering if felt like the one they sell at hobby stores could also be used as a kind of subtrate??

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree with Ladyknight. Felt could end in disaster for your dragon. I also think it is too light and would not stay down for him.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
the follicles (for lack of a better word at the moment) in the felt would end up getting packed around your dragons nails and either rip the nail out or cause the nail to fall out after a few days due to constricted blood flow.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
try tile, papertowel, newspaper, or non adhesive shelf liner. all are safe and fairly cheap.

Stephanie is a Rockstar

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I use reptile carpet. Lola is fine with it. I used Millet seed one time and she stopped eating all together. I also had a piece of slate in there, but it was too hard to keep clean since slate is porous, it started to smell bad.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I used a combination of reptile carpet in the 1/4 of the tank where Spyro slept and the other 3/4 ceramic tile. Loved it.

Latest posts