• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Could someone help me with this?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Evening or morning everyone! I've got a question about something I bought from ebay. I've got a netting for Allie's travel play yard. Well, she'll climb up the sides, which is okay until she gets to the top. Then she gets herself all tangled up and almost to the point of wrapping herself up in the netting. I had to detangle her out of the insect netting.

How would I prevent her from getting tangled up in the netting?
I'll be using it in September for an art show and to bask out in the sun without fear of insects going into her play yard.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hmmm this sounds tricky. I'm not too sure how you can keep her from climbing up unless maybe you had a smooth plastic bottom that went around the sides too up maybe like 12 or 18 inches. Then she wouldn't be able to climb on that. You could just have the netting over the top...

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I hadn't thought about the plastic much, but I was looking at the crib bumpers the other day and they won't work.

The netting covers the portable play yard, top included. Allie's outsmarting me every step of the way. Maybe I can find something else-like a large window screen. I'm going to try that. We've got some time to experiment on keeping her warm and safe.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Your persistance will pay off! Maybe you can post a couple photos of what you're dealing with so we can all learn from your hard work! ;)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Will post pictures of the portable play yard with the netting and other things to keep her safe from birds and insects.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Will post pictures of the portable play yard with the netting and other things to keep her safe from birds and insects.
Grease the sides so she can't climb after putting plastic up lol ;) kidding. A picture really is worth a thousand words. I'll wait to see what you're trying to work with before giving advice on this one.

Latest posts