• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Could it be brumation?

ants337

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all
I think I know the answer just making sure as a new first timer...

I rescued an adult on the 28th September, from day 1 he's been feeding well considering the relocation stress.

Temps and lighting are 37-40c and a T5 12% UV

The last couple of days he been digging away and hiding under his log on the cold side and spending most of the day there, his appetite has dropped off but he's still eating albeit very little.

So questions.
- is this typical brumation
- do I need to make any light/heat adjustments
- how long does this normally last
- what should I be looking out for to keep him healthy

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi all
I think I know the answer just making sure as a new first timer...

I rescued an adult on the 28th September, from day 1 he's been feeding well considering the relocation stress.

Temps and lighting are 37-40c and a T5 12% UV

The last couple of days he been digging away and hiding under his log on the cold side and spending most of the day there, his appetite has dropped off but he's still eating albeit very little.

So questions.
- is this typical brumation
- do I need to make any light/heat adjustments
- how long does this normally last
- what should I be looking out for to keep him healthy
Possible brumation-- where is your UVB? inside the tank? The temps are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer? https://www.beardeddragon.org/resources/brumation-in-bearded-dragons.4/
Brumation can be semi or full brumation - semi is when they will sleep for a week / 2 weeks come out bask eat etc
Full brumation is when they will sleep for 3 months or so NO longer - it is best to keep them hydrated getting them out every 2-3 week to offer water get a weight on them make sure they are not losing a lot they can lose a little - weigh in grams - if they are in full brumation you can turn the lights off - I keep mine on normal times to keep them in que w/ the time of day etc -- mine do not usually brumate for 3 months but will sleep for a week or 2 then appear to bask etc --

Latest posts