• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Continuously blown basking bulbs..

rflyn0742

Hatchling Dragon
I am using a Zilla Premium reflector dome which is rated to bear max 150w. I am using a 150w zoomed basking bulb. My problem is that my bulbs tend to blow out every 2 weeks or so. I have the lights on an automatic timer that I bought off of Amazon. Every time the bulb has blown out was when it turned on in the mornings. What could the issue be?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Are u using an extension cord? Or a weird outlet? It might be a dud fixture, that can happen sometimes

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Trial and error -- buy a different dome like a Flukers -- does the dome have a ceramic socket?

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I am using a Zilla Premium reflector dome which is rated to bear max 150w. I am using a 150w zoomed basking bulb. My problem is that my bulbs tend to blow out every 2 weeks or so. I have the lights on an automatic timer that I bought off of Amazon. Every time the bulb has blown out was when it turned on in the mornings. What could the issue be?

Hi, I can return anything at the pet store, or buy a new one & place the old back in the package and return it. Buy the Zoomed Basking bulb for Heat & The Reptisun 10.0 T5 for UVB, the length I order should cover 70 percent of the Beardies cage & all UVBs need replacing every 6Mnths. 150watt basking bulb is overkill unless u have a 120 gallon tank that’s 24 inches high. The Sulla premium reflector is Not proper Uvb pleaee order the Reptisun 10.0 T5 and make sure the Beardie has a hideaway like diner his hammock u can place a soft towel so underneath is shade for him.​

rflyn0742

Hatchling Dragon
Are u using an extension cord? Or a weird outlet? It might be a dud fixture, that can happen sometimes
Here’s the setup that I have. This isn’t the first fixture to do it either. I have the thrive starter kit and the fixture that came with that was also blowing them. So I’m starting to think it’s either the timer shown

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Yup its the strip timer, the second lights are time to go on a surge of energy goes through them, if i could recommend getting a regular strip and buying timers themselves that plug into the strip, when i was first getting into the hobby again i read that those strip timers can blow out fixtures so I didn’t go with those, even though they are convenient. :/

Latest posts