• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Contemplating a new enclosure?

Any Issues with the plan?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tedmiester

Bearded Dragon Egg
Well, now Christmas is out of the way and I have just got paid for January I was contemplating treating myself to a few new toys, by myself I mean things I want... Don't think they do enclosures big enough for humans!

But yeah I was thinking of getting:
Juwel 350l black aquarium tank & cab and then retro fitting it with two lamps and having a lowered water area and then using some Verde Sports Super Verde Artificial grass.

Can anyone see any issues with using a tank of that size or type?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome2f.jpg

Too tall for one thing, making it difficult to heat & provide proper UVB at a distance close enough to be effective. BDs are more terrestrial than arboreal, so floor area is much more important than height. Why would you want a lowered water area for a Desert creature with low humidity needs? Not too many ponds or puddles to play in, in their natural habitat ;) . The majority of us do not even provide water dishes because most BDs will not recognize or drink from standing water & it just raises the humidity which most of us try to keep as low as possible.

Artificial grass is very difficult to clean & keep sanitary, not the best choice in substrates.

Tedmiester

Bearded Dragon Egg
Many thanks for all the pointers, will do much more reading before making any more shopping lists!