• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Constipation advice

Wolfgirl97578

Juvenile Dragon
Hello guys I need some new advice to try I think its constipation cause I watched him strain and nothing came out so I immediately started taking the steps for constipation I started soaking him in warm water waited awhile nothing gave him another warm soak and started to gently massage his belly still nothing so I gave him some not spiced pumpkin he took a couple of bites still nothing so I mixed some water and pumpkin together and game him a decent amount im waiting now to see if that works.... if that doesn't work what kind of olive oil should I use to see I'd that works?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello guys I need some new advice to try I think its constipation cause I watched him strain and nothing came out so I immediately started taking the steps for constipation I started soaking him in warm water waited awhile nothing gave him another warm soak and started to gently massage his belly still nothing so I gave him some not spiced pumpkin he took a couple of bites still nothing so I mixed some water and pumpkin together and game him a decent amount im waiting now to see if that works.... if that doesn't work what kind of olive oil should I use to see I'd that works?
Keep feeding the pumpkin add a drop or two of the olive oil in the pumpkin- do you know why he's constipated? What are you feeding and how big are the insects? How old is the dragon? We need to go over your surface basking temps-- how are you taking them? And you uvb is it a coil or tube?

Wolfgirl97578

Juvenile Dragon
Keep feeding the pumpkin add a drop or two of the olive oil in the pumpkin- do you know why he's constipated? What are you feeding and how big are the insects? How old is the dragon? We need to go over your surface basking temps-- how are you taking them? And you uvb is it a coil or tube?
The only thing I can think that would've constipated him is the super worms he ate im taking temperatures by digital probe 90-95 high side 80-85 low side uvb is a tube t5 8 to 10 inches from him and the uvb is on top of the screen since it'd a wide hole

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The only thing I can think that would've constipated him is the super worms he ate im taking temperatures by digital probe 90-95 high side 80-85 low side uvb is a tube t5 8 to 10 inches from him and the uvb is on top of the screen since it'd a wide hole
Ok good please lay off the super worms for now and increase your basking temps 95-100 for a juvenile or adult dragon

Wolfgirl97578

Juvenile Dragon
Ok good please lay off the super worms for now and increase your basking temps 95-100 for a juvenile or adult dragon
Alright I'll try and increase the temps but I do believe it is the supers my female had a similar issue gave her some pumpkin she is now better but my male is stubborn lol can they be over loaded like hurt them if I give to much? Cause I know some things like bananas if you give to much it can cause health issues so I don't want to over do it with the pumpkin

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Alright I'll try and increase the temps but I do believe it is the supers my female had a similar issue gave her some pumpkin she is now better but my male is stubborn lol can they be over loaded like hurt them if I give to much? Cause I know some things like bananas if you give to much it can cause health issues so I don't want to over do it with the pumpkin
It has never been said - just keep feeding him till he goes- it shouldn't take too long- he may have a blow out

Wolfgirl97578

Juvenile Dragon
Update.... he was grumpy this morning and definitely could tell he had some discomfort gave him some more pumpkin and he finally took a poop and is now in a way better mood lol

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Update.... he was grumpy this morning and definitely could tell he had some discomfort gave him some more pumpkin and he finally took a poop and is now in a way better mood lol
Make sure you keep him hydrated - that is going to help w/ the flow of things