• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Constipated/possibly impacted?

Frank the German Giant

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all, my bearded dragon is a rescue, his name is Frank and he's about 2/5 years old & ive had him since he was 8 months. Right now it's winter time & three of my other beardies are all brumating, apart from Frank, however he has been sleeping for 1-2 days then waking up for salad by himself etc. He is trained to defecate in the bathtub and will NOT poo in his tank, and was going to the bathroom every 3 days, as I generally bath him twice a week. I was feeding him bugs (locusts) every other day until a week had passed having bathed him twice but he didn't poo. I have called my exotic vet and they told me to bath him 3x a day every day for 30 mins until he poops but this sounds like too much to me, so I have just been bathing him once a day for 15-20 mins. It has now been TWO weeks since he last pooped and it's starting to worry me. I've tried olive oil, unsweetened prune juice, canned pumpkin, blueberries and a small slice of cucumber for hydration, but he still has not pooped. He hasn't been straining at all and he still walks around as normal. I thought because it's the colder months, perhaps his metabolism has slowed a bit. He's on tiles, his basking bulb is exo terra 150w and uva tube is reptisun 10.0 which both are changed out every 6 months. Should I be worried?? Is there anything else I can try to get things going?