• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Constant Glass Surfing!!!

IBLopez33

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm not sure if this goes in the "Health" category per say, but i'm not sure where else to post it on here. My beardie whose about 7 years old, is constantly glass surfing and has been for about 2 months. I cannot figure out for the life of me his issue, he lives in a 40 gallon tank and has since i've owned him (he had owners before me that i bought him from) and his size has never increased since I got him. He's super friendly and loves attention, which he gets, but even after hours and i mean hours of being held, he'll still start surfing. His temps are fine and he has full access to getting close and far from his heat bulb. His UVB isn't a coil bulb, he has dry food available at all times and water, he also eats live crickets I feed him. He has plenty of wood in his tank to climb on and mess with, but nothing matters. He won't stop surfing. At the very least he'll stop for a few minutes, but then get right into it. He has no particular side he does it to, I've covered it a few times all around to see if maybe his reflection had been bothering him, but nope. He uses the bathroom regularly as well.
I know spring fever is a thing, but he's been going nuts for what seems like ever. How am I supposed to sooth him? I feel like i'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what... (/.\) please help me out here.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm not sure if this goes in the "Health" category per say, but i'm not sure where else to post it on here. My beardie whose about 7 years old, is constantly glass surfing and has been for about 2 months. I cannot figure out for the life of me his issue, he lives in a 40 gallon tank and has since i've owned him (he had owners before me that i bought him from) and his size has never increased since I got him. He's super friendly and loves attention, which he gets, but even after hours and i mean hours of being held, he'll still start surfing. His temps are fine and he has full access to getting close and far from his heat bulb. His UVB isn't a coil bulb, he has dry food available at all times and water, he also eats live crickets I feed him. He has plenty of wood in his tank to climb on and mess with, but nothing matters. He won't stop surfing. At the very least he'll stop for a few minutes, but then get right into it. He has no particular side he does it to, I've covered it a few times all around to see if maybe his reflection had been bothering him, but nope. He uses the bathroom regularly as well.
I know spring fever is a thing, but he's been going nuts for what seems like ever. How am I supposed to sooth him? I feel like i'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what... (/.\) please help me out here.
What is the brand and bulb of the UVB? It sounds like there is a lighting or basking temp issue going on --- what are the temps in the tank and how are you taking them? NO stick ons please --- the UVB is where in the tank? top of screen or inside the tank -- when was the UVB last changed out ? Please get rid of the dry food and start feeding salads http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its good staple feeder --- are you feeding any worms? Have your tried dubia roaches ?

Latest posts