• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Constant Black Bearding

Fendoggo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Riven is my first bearded dragon. He is a little over 3 years old and I got him about a week ago from a kid who didn’t really know how to care for him. He SEEMED healthy enough and he’s had two bowel movements since Saturday. He has no problem eating live food like super worms or crickets, but he has only eaten one leaf from a mustard green.

His beard has been pretty black since Saturday too but I figured he was just stressed from being moved to a new home. It hasn’t went away.

He’s also sleeping a lot more in his hide and not eating very much. I don’t know if something is wrong or if it’s brumation. I’m going to take him to a vet next week but wanted to get a little insight as well on what to do until then (my vet isn’t in again until next Friday).

Attachments

• CA601E48-AD02-49C9-A220-87288C380B9D.jpeg
    CA601E48-AD02-49C9-A220-87288C380B9D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33

Reptilelady86

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi,
How is his environment:
  1. What kind of UVB bulb? Are you using a linear bulb? Mercury Vapor bulb? Coil bulb?
  2. What kind of heat bulb?
  3. Do you know the temperatures? What is the temp for the basking spot? Warm side? Cool side?
My beardie has been hiding too and sleeping more but its due to the weather changes (Slowdown/brumation). It could be hormonal or its possible could be from parasites. Only way to rule out is by visiting the vet and having a fecal sample.

Latest posts