• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Confused!

Tonydabaloney

Hatchling Dragon
I'm finding so much conflicting information on beardeds. Even on this site. One says don't bathe but maybe once a month and someone here says twice a week minimum. Advice on temperatures varies also. I have decided to follow the advice of whoever it was wrote the article on Bearded Dragons and hydration. He seems to know his stuff and I am having my doubts about some posters here. They seem to be posting without the knowledge to back it up. You know the kind,,,monitor is on but computer is off!? I have found some very good info here, but it's hard to separate the good from the bad.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm finding so much conflicting information on beardeds. Even on this site. One says don't bathe but maybe once a month and someone here says twice a week minimum. Advice on temperatures varies also. I have decided to follow the advice of whoever it was wrote the article on Bearded Dragons and hydration. He seems to know his stuff and I am having my doubts about some posters here. They seem to be posting without the knowledge to back it up. You know the kind,,,monitor is on but computer is off!? I have found some very good info here, but it's hard to separate the good from the bad.
You need to watch your dragons behavior - they can tell you things by watching what they do- good surface basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- is one and your uvb- no coils- having this on par is going to keep your dragon healthy- and happy- no colored bulbs no off white or yellowish bulbs and no daytime bulbs those have a coating on them that is a hazard to their eyes-

Tonydabaloney

Hatchling Dragon
I'm on the right track. My temps are 95-100 not lower until night. I finally got her eating her veggies and took her to the vet last week who said she was healthy and was the most mellow and friendly dragon she had seen. Her poos are regular and right portion of dark and light. She is my buddy and I'm 71yrs old, so I take the best care of her. She is also very clean and never smears crap around, uses the same spot every time. I had some confusion at first because I wasn't expecting to have a lizard dumped on me, but we have bonded extremely well. Thank you for your advice.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm on the right track. My temps are 95-100 not lower until night. I finally got her eating her veggies and took her to the vet last week who said she was healthy and was the most mellow and friendly dragon she had seen. Her poos are regular and right portion of dark and light. She is my buddy and I'm 71yrs old, so I take the best care of her. She is also very clean and never smears crap around, uses the same spot every time. I had some confusion at first because I wasn't expecting to have a lizard dumped on me, but we have bonded extremely well. Thank you for your advice.
Make sure your using the correct UVB this is crucial for the dragon -- NO coils for UVB --- did you do any research on bearded dragons--- there is a ton of info in the internet some is good but a lot is misleading -- I can get that tank set up correctly w/ the right lighting etc -- if you want me to - what did she come w / and who did you get her from?

Tonydabaloney

Hatchling Dragon
Make sure your using the correct UVB this is crucial for the dragon -- NO coils for UVB --- did you do any research on bearded dragons--- there is a ton of info in the internet some is good but a lot is misleading -- I can get that tank set up correctly w/ the right lighting etc -- if you want me to - what did she come w / and who did you get her from?
We have that covered. We have uvb lighting and nice basking light and I think I can handle it from here.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We have that covered. We have uvb lighting and nice basking light and I think I can handle it from here.
Ok make sure the uvb is properly placed for the screen on the tank they block 30% of the rays - not all uvb's are the same as well you have good ones and not so good - you also need correct distance as well

Latest posts