• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Conflicting Info/Questions

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
Hey, so I was made aware that it’s okay for bearded dragons to have some nights where it may dip down under 60 degrees at night, but that if it was consistently dipping that low to use a heat emitter light. I thought that temps shouldn’t drop below 65 degrees at night, no? Also food, I’ve had the main source of food as crickets for a while, and then occasionally mealworms every other week to change it up. I want to start giving him some dubia roaches as well, but my local petsmart only carry’s medium size ones in stock, Is this okay as well or are the medium ones still too big for him? my beardie is about 3 1/2 months old and is exactly 9” long. Thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey, so I was made aware that it’s okay for bearded dragons to have some nights where it may dip down under 60 degrees at night, but that if it was consistently dipping that low to use a heat emitter light. I thought that temps shouldn’t drop below 65 degrees at night, no? Also food, I’ve had the main source of food as crickets for a while, and then occasionally mealworms every other week to change it up. I want to start giving him some dubia roaches as well, but my local petsmart only carry’s medium size ones in stock, Is this okay as well or are the medium ones still too big for him? my beardie is about 3 1/2 months old and is exactly 9” long. Thanks
Please go here and look at their chart -- they have a lot of different sizes--
www,dubiaroaches.com
Order the insect NO bigger than the space between the eyes --
As far as temp it can get to 60 but I wouldnt go any lower - its up to you if you want to get a heat emitter - you dont want the tank over 75 at night tho

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
Please go here and look at their chart -- they have a lot of different sizes--
www,dubiaroaches.com
Order the insect NO bigger than the space between the eyes --
As far as temp it can get to 60 but I wouldnt go any lower - its up to you if you want to get a heat emitter - you dont want the tank over 75 at night tho
Okay, thank you! And it’s been between 70-72 at night in his tank, few days at 70 but pretty consistent. My heat in the house won’t dip below 65 during the winter but I bought a heat emitter anyway

Latest posts