• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Concerned...

I_Love_George

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
George has been acting very weird the last 4 days. I just recently changed his substrate (sanitized some tile and put it in there after fully dry). I did feed him a couple of dubias this weekend. All of a sudden, George is VERY inactive. He is up for a couple of hours then he just lays there like he's dead. He won't move, and his tail keeps doing this weird twitching thing. It basically curls up and relaxes, curls up and relaxes.. I've soaked him twice and massaged his belly in case maybe he's a bit impacted. For some odd reason, I think he ingested something. Even when I put him in the bath, it's like he doesn't notice. Just lays there with his eyes closed. Thinking maybe I should take him up to the vet

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A vet visit is NEVER a bad idea. This could be something as a simple fit over the change or something serious. Sorry i cant be more clear than that, but i would deff do the vet visit due to the tail twitch and being lethargic.

I_Love_George

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
So my husband took George to the vet today. Though all reasons are not yet clear, they are stating he is impacted due to the dubias. I was pretty much told that they would never recommend any person to feed their animal such a hard bodied creature. It is unclear whether or not he will make it. George has also lost total use of his back legs.

I_Love_George

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
So, George has regained some use of his legs,but is still not up to par. I checked the temperature of the warm side and it is at about 95 degrees. The other side is more in the 75 range. I try to keep it warmer because it gets very cold in my house, and there are drafts. I have one of those ReptiSun 10.0 in the tank now. I have been feeding him only veggies and fruits, but have resorted to baby food. My husband has been diligent about soaking him in the bath and massaging his belly. Also, I did ask a second opinion. They also said dubias are okay to eat, but that if he has having problems, that I should take that out of his diet. He does not seem distressed, but up until today he had no movement of his back legs. He did today start supporting his weight on his legs, and did move around a bit. He is eating, though just not as much as normal. I will keep you guys updated :)

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok glad your using the RS 10 for uvb. Get your temp on the hot side up 7 to 10 more degrees. You will see a diff. Now if you are feeding dubia nymphs and not the adults you should be fine. They are soft bodied compared to the adults.

Latest posts