• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

concerned parent

Repti82

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so as some of you know i rescued a baby. i have had her 5 days now and she eats like a pic only being 7 days old i kind of expected that but she hasn't pooped yet. i give her a bath every other day to try and make her go but its just not happening.

comments please. im concerned. my other babies from before all pooped lots

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, i can see your concern as you are correct babies do tend to poop a lot. However, every animal is not the same and so do process food much slower. This sometimes is reflected by the temps provided, hydration and items offered. When bathing i would make sure the water is warm and up to the animal arm pits. Id also set up the basking temp around 100-110*.

Has she ever been fed in a enclosure with substrate?

Pat B

Super Moderator
When you bathe her massage her belly. That would always work for me. Good luck and keep us all posted!!

Repti82

Hatchling Dragon
no, no substrate. i know that and she wasn't in any where she was for her first 2 days either. and her basking temps are about 106 i know about that. she is very active always son the move and exploring even though there isn't much to explore. she is eating about 8 to 10 crickets a day.

Repti82

Hatchling Dragon
sorry my camera is crappy but isnt she adorable!
Camera$IMG_20130101_160109.jpg

Pat B

Super Moderator
oh my....so happy to hear she pooped....little booger she is to cause so much worry!! She is beautiful and so tiny. I can't tell if you have a lot of 'stuff' in her enclosure or not. When beardies are tiny a rule of thumb is K.I.S.S. Keep it simple sweetie (or stupid:D) Feeders can hide and your little girl won't be able to find them. When she gets bigger you can add stuff. Keep up the good work!!

Repti82

Hatchling Dragon
i know that lol the only thing in there is that stick. and it was the only one i had and the leaves are attached. she seems fine though the crickets tend to stay on the bottom of the cage i can see them i dont have anything down on the bottom at the moment. she eats like a pig. and yes she is about half of my thumb she is very very tiny

Pat B

Super Moderator
That is good. I have seen teeny tiny dragons at Petsmart and wonder how in the world can they sell such tiny ones. It is called supply and demand. I asked on of the 'reptile' clerks how can you sell them so tiny and she said she didn't know but she would never do it....stupid Petsmart. All about money!! Your little girl sounds like she is doing really well and you know what you are doing. :cool:

Repti82

Hatchling Dragon
ok just saying now its kinda crazy! we went from not pooping at all to holy crap there is poop everywhere lol. at least its solid and looks very healthy :)

Repti82

Hatchling Dragon
oookkkk. so i cant wait till our petsmart opens in like a month cause the dam pet store is out of crickets and i ran out. so what do i do i come home and dig in my mealworm breeding box and find that i have no baby baby ones urgh.........so guess who handled the mid sized mealworms like a freaken champ. thats right my little baby rescue :) what a good girl :)

Pat B

Super Moderator
When your Petsmart opens....be sure to ask them what days do they get fresh crickets. So many times I have gone to PS and no crix. So I finally learned they come in on Tuesday and Thursday. Good girl you have there!!:D

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
What a cutie pie you have there! Trust me, I am the SAME way when my beardie doesn't poop, I get SO SO nervous. Just ask anyone on this board, I have only annoyed the crap out of everyone talking about my beardies poop so much! HA! ;)

Pat B

Super Moderator
No No....BeardieBaby!! I have found that everyone on this forum is so kind and good to everyone that has issues or concerns....especially 'poop' issues! :D I have always been a believer in asking quesitons....if you don't ask then shame on you! Keep up the good work!! :cool:

Latest posts