• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Concerned for my two juveniles

Sam Walker

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi - I am new beardie owner - bought everything together, including Lizzie! They said she was about 4 months old, but I think she may be older (body is about 7" long)- we brought her home on Tuesday, and on Saturday moved her to my sons bedroom. She has been fine until last night when she stopped eating and today she has slept all day! Eyes closed, she has moved around the tank but has slept all day! I have been on facebook and advised to post in these forums and having read this thread I think she might be suffering from the same thing - relocation stress??? Also could someone give me a definitive answer as to whether I need to put Reptisafe in her water?? I will post a picture of her set up and would appreciate any advice - her cool side of the viv (4x2x2) is about 80-85 and the warm side about 90-95 with a heat lamp.

photo.JPG

avyrus666

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I have been using distilled bottled drinking water for them without reptisafe. Always used this with all my non-aquatic herps for years and never had a problem. Sounds like relo stress but be watchful for anything else other than that and see a vet if it doesn't improve. More specifically what lights are you using?

Sent from my ROOTED LG Motion 4G using Tapatalk 2

Sam Walker

Bearded Dragon Egg
Good news! She is wide awake this morning - eaten 10 crickets and 2 hoppers - will use distilled water now! UV light is 10.00 uvb 30" Repti-safe - will check heat lamp - Thanks again x

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
For over a decade I have used nothing but Tap water & have not run across anyone else having issues, either. If your water is not heavy in minerals & is safe for you to drink, it will be fine for your BDs. There is nothing wrong with using distilled water, if that is your choice. Do you use distilled to bath too?

Latest posts