• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

computer shimmy why?

aypckc

Bearded Dragon Egg
02FBFBDE-F107-4F81-90E3-14223CD045BD.png

my bearded dragon has been crawling right where the keyboard connects to the screen and almost shimmying? it looks almost as if she’s trying to burrow but she doesn’t use her hands. i’m unable to add a video but the picture is where she does it

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 29799
my bearded dragon has been crawling right where the keyboard connects to the screen and almost shimmying? it looks almost as if she’s trying to burrow but she doesn’t use her hands. i’m unable to add a video but the picture is where she does it
I am not sure why she's doing that- your dragon looks a little thin- what are you feeding and what are you using for a uvb? Please no coils!

aypckc

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am not sure why she's doing that- your dragon looks a little thin- what are you feeding and what are you using for a uvb? Please no coils!
she eats 2 times a day for 15 minutes, i have crickets and mealworms in her feeding tank and some hand fed greens and a salad in her tank. i have a long 36” uvb bulb strip in the back of her tank.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
she eats 2 times a day for 15 minutes, i have crickets and mealworms in her feeding tank and some hand fed greens and a salad in her tank. i have a long 36” uvb bulb strip in the back of her tank.
Your UVB is a T 5 or a T 8 ? And its on the screen or inside the tank any obstruction like a screen?

aypckc

Bearded Dragon Egg
Your UVB is a T 5 or a T 8 ? And its on the screen or inside the tank any obstruction like a screen?
i believe it’s a t5 though i could be wrong and it’s sitting on top of the back of the screen

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i believe it’s a t5 though i could be wrong and it’s sitting on top of the back of the screen
Make sure look on the bulb it will tell you T 5 or T 8-- the placement and distance between the 2 bulbs is crucial

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
it’s one long strip, i’ve checked the back and it says t8
Please get the UVB UNOBSTRUCTED from the screen ---- T 8's are not strong enough to go thru screen --- only T 5's and they need to have a wide hole type --- they are not strong enough either to go thru fine mesh --- please get this done ASAP -- your dragon is not getting enough UVB ---- distance should be directly above the basking decor 6-8 inches ---- this is imperative --- please adjust ASAP

aypckc

Bearded Dragon Egg
image.jpg

this is her tank. what do you recommend i do? there’s two heat bulbs in the sockets but only one is ever turned on. the tank is 40 gallon

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 29824
this is her tank. what do you recommend i do? there’s two heat bulbs in the sockets but only one is ever turned on. the tank is 40 gallon
Love the skate board in the tank --- :) ---- your screen needs to come off or pull it to the front leaving the back open -- your going to haft to do some rearranging in the tank -- you want that screen off or cut a hole in it so its unobstructed --- you can take the UVB and place it width wise across the tank w/ the decor directly under it 6-8 inches --- do you have a digital probe thermometer to get basking temps? the stick on is only giving you ambient temps --- you need a probe to accurate basking temps

aypckc

Bearded Dragon Egg
Love the skate board in the tank --- :) ---- your screen needs to come off or pull it to the front leaving the back open -- your going to haft to do some rearranging in the tank -- you want that screen off or cut a hole in it so its unobstructed --- you can take the UVB and place it width wise across the tank w/ the decor directly under it 6-8 inches --- do you have a digital probe thermometer to get basking temps? the stick on is only giving you ambient temps --- you need a probe to accurate basking temps
thanks! she seems to like it aswell i have a digital laser thermometer and the temp under the heat bulb is 104

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
thanks! she seems to like it aswell i have a digital laser thermometer and the temp under the heat bulb is 104
Ok well you need to adjust that UVB ASAP--- she needs the UVB NOW --- the shimmering shes doing could be MBD starting since shes not getting enough please get it adjusted

aypckc

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok well you need to adjust that UVB ASAP--- she needs the UVB NOW --- the shimmering shes doing could be MBD starting since shes not getting enough please get it adjusted
oh that’s not good i’ll cut the screen as soon as i get off work.

aypckc

Bearded Dragon Egg
You may not need to cut the screen. I just enlarged a few screen holes big enough for a zip tie and then hung my light inside the screen that way. So the screen is not really damaged.
that’s smart i just have the back screen removed and the light sitting on top of two pieces of wood

Latest posts