• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Color

missb

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Without knowing the beardies background can you tell what they are by the colors they are? Does that make sense? I Crikey is greens almost lime color after he sheds and his head is pastel green. Now Bindi who has a sweeter personality is IMO somewhat boring (don't tell her I said that, she makes up for it by just being the cutest little girl ever) she is greys and muted browns, with some red around her sides. Not researching the background is my fault. We love them as if they were the brightest most colorful dragons ever.
The place we bought them from keeps the more expensive dragons on another display. They have a "pastel" one that I nearly brought home just cause he was staring at me while splashing in his water. But just as cute are the babies in the the viv for a little less $$. I guess what I'm getting at is that we didn't care what color they are, but we are curious. I am finding out that there are several different colors and "backgrounds" Thanks for the input!

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
you wont know color morphs unless you speak to the breeder...we can give you a guess like "yellow phase" "red phase" but thats it

missb

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Bindi Back
DSC02238.jpg

DSC02239.jpg

crikey head
DSC02242.jpg

They are so different in color!
DSC02245.jpg

missb

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I like this forum and I have gotten a bunch of good advise. Like I said if it weren't for you guys I am certain that they would not be doing as well.
YES my pets are housed together, FOR NOW. I have another VIV in line for when they get bigger, for now this is working fine'

;)

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is not that I am UNWILLING to believe you or not. Please don't insult my intelligence like that. I have already headed the advise and will be separating them. Tell me What does "aggressive behavior" look like? Does it look like mellow, shedding, pooping, eating, no nicks or scratches, no head bobbing? cause that's what I have.

with youngsters especially aggression looks benign almost kindness like they are hugging or always hanging out with each other. if you read that article you would know most of the signs of aggression between cage mates. when you start getting bites is when 1 is about to kill the other.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
the fact that one is so dark may have something to do with them being house together which is why i asked...a less dominant dragon will usually be in a darker color than that of the other one dominance doesnt always have to be 2 dragons tearin eachother apart

missb

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I did read the care sheets. I do know what they said about . Thanks for the comments on the color, Beardielover I will take care of it.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks like I have missed some things with this thread.

Regarding morphs, like Candice pointed out, refer to the breeder. Morphs are not really defined in the beardie world. It is breeder specific.

Regarding housing your beardies together. I'm sure our members have your beardies' best interest at heart. If you have accomodations now, I would recommend separated the two. I agree with Candice that the dark coloring could be a sign that Bindi is distressed.

Latest posts