• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cold to touch

Jpappas

Bearded Dragon Egg
So, lately my beardie has been behaving in a way that concerns me. For instance, he was sleeping in his hide (on the cool side of the habitat), especially at night. When I feel him, he's cool to the touch. I removed the hide, but he still seems to sleep on that side of the cage, away from his basking log. I'm just not really sure what to do, or why he seems to be preferring cool places. When I find him and he's cold to touch, I've moved him onto his basking log. I'd appreciate any input from more experienced owners.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jpappas

Bearded Dragon Egg
Well, the original owners got him at age 2 or 3 (they weren't sure) in 2015. Going off that, he's 4 or 5.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
At that age he is likely wanting to brummate, have you had a wellness check to make sure he's good and healthy before going into brumation? This is an important item to have done before and after to make sure their fecals are clear of parasites as these can mimic brumation.

Jpappas

Bearded Dragon Egg
On your advice, I've scheduled an appointment for Friday morning. I'm new to this stuff and appreciate the help. Have a good evening!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
On your advice, I've scheduled an appointment for Friday morning. I'm new to this stuff and appreciate the help. Have a good evening!

hopefully you can take a fresh fecal sample with you so they can test it.. keep us posted

Jpappas

Bearded Dragon Egg
I managed to bring a fresh fecal. The vet said he was healthy and that my husbandry was good, so we're good to go! As a plus, he's been sleeping under his basking spot lately, which keeps him pretty warm still, so I think we're gonna be alright. Thanks again for your help and concern. :)

Latest posts