• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cold side temps HELP NEEDED!

ckingy94

Hatchling Dragon
Hi everyone

So I've had Nipp for about 2 months now. He's been fine since I've had him and seems pretty well all of the time.

Issue im having at the moment due to my flat being so hot in summer ive been using a 7w Arcadia solo basking spot witch still is currently giving a hot spot of 40.5 centigrade.

The issue im having is since the change of weather the cold side has dropped from what was 26.5 centigrade to 24.5 now even after lighting has been on for a number of hours.,

I this morning replaced my 75w vilv with a 100w bulb lowered down the basking sport in order to attempt to get highere temps down the cool side. However although I did achieve this it then placed my basking sport up to 49.5 centigrade and this was on the floor of my viv meaning no basking spot to lower at this point to move it away from the stinger bulb.

I yesterday installed a 100w ceramic heater for night time heating and have resorted to turning this on today just to heat the little man up a little bit.

Does anyone have any ideas how I am able to resolve this issue or even if this is a major risk to him in the first place?

He has a 4x2x2 wooden enclosure, I was thinking to place some cork on the insides of the viv in order to insulate him.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks on behalf of Nipp

Chris

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Your cool side sounds okay. 75-80 degrees fahrenheit is good for the cool side. If you want to warm it up, you could get a low watt basking bulb to put on the cool side of the tank.

ckingy94

Hatchling Dragon
Your cool side sounds okay. 75-80 degrees fahrenheit is good for the cool side. If you want to warm it up, you could get a low watt basking bulb to put on the cool side of the tank.
so realistically unless things change dramatically the 75w bulb im using is adequate if providing around 24-27 centigrade down the cool side, my ceramic heater is set at 21.5 for night time so that will kick in swell should it get much colder, I get the impression im overthinking this if my temps are already pretty accurate?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
If my conversion was correct then yes it sounds like your temps are going to be okay.

Latest posts