• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Coccidia update

mish13

Juvenile Dragon
Hi everyone , just wanted to give an update on Ryuu. She has been taking her meds really well. Im very surprised because i thought it would be really hard to give them. She has 1 more week of meds then i can get a fecal checked . Omg , I hope its gone!!!
Well , what can I say about this experience. Im so stressed out trying to keep everything clean and sanitized . There has been times when i just wanted to break down and cry. I get her tank all clean , put her back in it and she poops. Today when I got home from work there was poop everywhere! On the ground that she ran through , on her rock, on her hammock and on her :(:(. This newspaper on the bottom is for the birds. It sucks . I hate it !
Im really glad shes feeling better and loves her salads but i think all the greens make her poop to much . She can eat 2 bowls of greens a day easy.
If anyone has been through this and has some words of encouragement that would be great. Sorry this was kinda long thanks for listing :)

mish13

Juvenile Dragon
Hi ,
So Ryuu is all done taking her meds and i need to get a fecal rechecked. This little stinker will not poop when i need her to. :mad: She either goes while im at work and my son throws it away , ugh ... or over the weekend when the vet is closed. So of course she pooped today while i was at work , my son took a pic and saved some but its sat and the vet is closed till monday so its no good. I am worried about it though , it doesnt look right . There's alot of liquid and a discolored urate. I gave her a 20 min soak on thursday and yesterday she ate 2 bowls of greens , 1 of them had cantaloupe in it. She is also starting a shed. She has been acting fine and eating well. Here is a pic .

6-8-13 (2).jpg

Latest posts