• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cleaning Carpet Contaminated with Yellow Fungus

Angellica

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my post and offer your advise! I currently have two bearded dragons, and recently found out that my first one has a yellow fungal infection. Luckily the two dragons have not been in contact, but the infected one has ran all over the house, which is carpeted. I'm worried that my newly adopted dragon would become infected if I let him run around the same carpet. Looking for disinfectent solutions that are animal safe. I've already asked the company about F10 products. Still waiting to hear if any of them can be used for large carpeted areas.

Thank you,
Angellica

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
goodness. sorry - I don't know. was your vet (who diagnosed the infection) of no help? let us know please what you find out

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh my that is a good question and one that is not in my "wheelhouse" but will keep following this so please update us on what you find from the company and or your vet.

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
A steam cleaner would do it (one of the modern types), no chemicals needed. Mine jets out superheated 'dry' steam, it will kill almost anything bacterial.

Angellica

Bearded Dragon Egg
Update! Steam cleaning is the best way to clean the carpet according to all the research I've been doing. It's not 100% effective, but it's better than nothing. Also vet finally got Zo's lab results back, turns out the infection is actually ring worm. So now the research starts all over again!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Steam kills just about everything, I would go that route.

Latest posts