• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

chirping crickets

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
Is there a way to shut my crickets up?! I thought I remember the pet store dude telling me that they don't chirp. Well, I guess the adult sized ones do! Annoying.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here crickie, crickie, crickie! Here's a bearded dragon for ya. ;)

Zen ReptileZ

Juvenile Dragon
The chirping does not go away, in fact, chirping signals happiness and the desire to reproduce. (So cozy) :rolleyes: However, from personal experience, I found the chirping to be the least of the annoyances. Then I fell in love with a few roaches. No more Jungle sound effects for my reptile room.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I never really mind the cricket chirping noises either...being from the swamps of Southern Louisiana they are just another familiar background noise to me...besides the "barking" of our very vocal group of Fire Belly Toads and the constant "crowing" of our dove Lacy who apparently believes she is a rooster instead of a dove and who also doesnt realize that she should only "cock-a-doodle-do" at Sunrise and the clatter of our 134lb American Standard German Shepard Roscoe's claws on our hardwood floors which sound very much like hoofs and the occassional loud bang of Razr our very temperamental Iguana's tail smacking the side of his enclosure just to remind us that he is a "Big Bad Iggy" (which he isn't but I let him think he is) all tend to dampen the cricket noise at least a little..lol...truth be known were our home to suddenly go completely silent I would surely and complete be lost and would most definitely never sleep a wink. It's the silent members of our menagerie after-all that I worry most about every-time...The noises are all part of our home and our family, Our Joy...and the noises remind me that all is well in our world.:)

@Chris...I do like the rain tapping on a glass window too but even better is the sound of that rain on a tin roof...rain + tin roof=hibernation...lol

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
I've gotten used to the chirping already... but now it's all gone b/c Rocky gobbled them all down. He's a maniac! He got 3 adult sized crickets in his mouth before he could even swallow the first! He's standing in his food dish and wandering around his enclosure looking for more right now, but he's going to have to wait until this afternoon when I go pick some up for him. :p

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You should hear my bird all morning, Mungi. All she says is Mama, Mom, Momma over, and over, then says Spikey, Pongo, Sadie, and when you say, Yes? What? She'll sit quietly. Then she'll start all over again. LOL!

I'm thinking of a new feeder to give to Allie. I've got a feeling she's getting tired of those crickets.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
@Noella...lol..I had a Sun Conure named Mojo for many years that was very vocal and had a huge vocabulary...wasn't shy about talking to strangers either and did many times. Used to take him everywhere with me. Our Dove Lacy cocka-doodle doos day and night but it's my fault because I used to have a rooster crow alarm ringtone and that is where she picked it up. She also cackles, sounds like a classic lunatic laugh, whenever she jumps from one perch to the other. That maniacal cackling is something that a lot of doves do when they land..lol. We also have Tweety our Cockatiel who just recently celebrated his 19th birthday..in his old age he has gotten to be the classic "grumpy old man" though and most oft just puffs up and hisses at you now although he at onetime was a big talker too. Birds are a trip for sure!:)

Enjoy!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mine's been quiet right now. No insane Mama Mama, or Mom Mom this morning. She also cackles and had an obsession with Judge Judy until I began changing the channels because she was so picky about her shows. She'd even say, Judge Judy all day long until she came on at 4. LOL!

Latest posts