• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Chichi’s turning a year old!!

Chicklet

Hatchling Dragon
To celebrate our not so little one turning a year old we got her horn worms and Dubia roaches. She loves both! We also got her something to climb on in her viv and a hufflepuff themed hammock. Pics to come once we wash the fixtures (we got them at a convention). She’s gotten so big!!

Attachments

• 3A525609-C4BC-44EB-A350-EA615D472E01.jpeg
    3A525609-C4BC-44EB-A350-EA615D472E01.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 37

Chicklet

Hatchling Dragon
So Chichi and I had the best birthdays ever. Her hornworms grew and now they squirt when she eats them... which was a nasty surprise but I’m over it. She loves her new hammock. We haven’t put the new fixture in yet because we’re paranoid. The guy said it was a mixture of cement and styrofoam. It’s very rough but it’s painted to look like real rock and I can’t put into words what we’re nervous about it’s just a new thing. Here’s a picture of the hammock though.

Attachments

• 5C092EF7-D5E7-43BB-A262-FD3171F97DFF.jpeg
    5C092EF7-D5E7-43BB-A262-FD3171F97DFF.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sounds like a great birthday!

I gave Dexter a hornworm the other morning and injected it with her vitamins. It was so big that it squirted all over, I had to close the door of the tank after it squirted me in my hair!

Chicklet

Hatchling Dragon
Sounds like a great birthday!

I gave Dexter a hornworm the other morning and injected it with her vitamins. It was so big that it squirted all over, I had to close the door of the tank after it squirted me in my hair!
Yeah the spray hit me and I started yelling at everyone in the room because honestly we’d been warned, and I brought it up after they’d obviously grown but they didn’t believe me and it popped on me. We’re very careful about placement though. It seems like if they start at one end there’s less spray radius..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I've tried feeding them back end first, then front end first, they still spray as much out of each end! My girl loves them though, so I will just try to remember to duck and cover LOL!

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
She looks so comfortable on that hammock ,I want one....for me! (the dragons are spoiled enough!). The hornworm squirting thing sounds too gross, still, I cant get them here in the UK so not something I think I will be experiencing. Happy birthday Chichi :)

Chicklet

Hatchling Dragon
I've tried feeding them back end first, then front end first, they still spray as much out of each end! My girl loves them though, so I will just try to remember to duck and cover LOL!
We ran out and tried to treat her with a super worm and she turned her little nose up and ran over to where we used to keep the horn worms. Now we’re in the process of trying to order roaches and I can’t find info on what size to get her. She doesn’t want the crickets as much anymore either

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We ran out and tried to treat her with a super worm and she turned her little nose up and ran over to where we used to keep the horn worms. Now we’re in the process of trying to order roaches and I can’t find info on what size to get her. She doesn’t want the crickets as much anymore either
Oh she should be just fine with dubia that are no wider than the space between the eyes, so from dime size up to nickel in sizes would be just fine think that is about 5/8" in size.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you SO MUCH!! You’re the best!
Your welcome I suck at measures so I do it by something common like change and most sites will give that type of reference

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I agree, the 5/4 or 5/8 size should be perfect. You may have to look around, I know dubiaroaches.com is out of stock of the most popular sizes.

Chicklet

Hatchling Dragon
I agree, the 5/4 or 5/8 size should be perfect. You may have to look around, I know dubiaroaches.com is out of stock of the most popular sizes.
I plopped a nickel on her head for reference while she was sleeping and decided to go with the 5/8 size. They’re so tolerant

Latest posts