• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Charlee won't eat her greens!

NLC

Hatchling Dragon
My Charlee is a 1.5 year old and about the start of May stopped eating all of her greens she used to eat and even some new ones. I give her greens in the morning and she eats her live food at night. Any reason for this that anybody knows of?

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
My Charlee is a 1.5 year old and about the start of May stopped eating all of her greens she used to eat and even some new ones. I give her greens in the morning and she eats her live food at night. Any reason for this that anybody knows of?

Try taking protein out of her diet excet 2-3 days a week. That should get her eating her greens again. It's about that time to start feeding her less protein anyway.

NLC

Hatchling Dragon
So protein 2-3x a day is better now since she is reaching adulthood?

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
So protein 2-3x a day is better now since she is reaching adulthood?

Not 2-3 times a day! That would be way too much! We're talking 2-3 times a week, period.

Reactions: NLC

NLC

Hatchling Dragon
Whoops! I meant a week not a day. Haha. She'd be obese if I feed her like that. But she wouldn't mind

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Whoops! I meant a week not a day. Haha. She'd be obese if I feed her like that. But she wouldn't mind

;) I knew what you meant, just giving you a hard time. Let us know how it goes after a few weeks!