• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Changing My Beardies diet!!!!

LizziesOwner30

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
the person i brought my beardie off fed it on locusts, the dried pellets wax worms and mealworms a few green items, i have read the wax worms shud not be given on a reg basis due to the amount of fat in them and as for the dried pellets is'nt that a no no any way???? can some one please advise me as dont wanna change her diet if its not needed.
0_1.jpg

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you do decide to change up this diet, your dragon will benefit health wise.
The pellets don't fulfill needed proteins that insects like roaches, certain worms, and crickets would. The waxies are indeed filled with lots of fat, little in the way of nutrients.
Green leafy veggies such as the collard, mustard and turnip greens should be the base of any salads.. English Endive is also an excellent base. Add to that a couple times a week, a squash, or a fruit for color and variety.

Hope this helps out.. Good Luck !

LizziesOwner30

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
most of the stuff veggie wise u cant buy from local supermarket so where can i get them from and can BD's eat gem lettuce?????

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, you may buy your veggies from the local supermarket. Good greens are collard greens, mustard greens, carrots tops, parsley to name a few. Excellent veggies are bell peppers (any color), green/yellow squash, butternut squash, snow peas. Here is a link to our food chart. It has a more comprehensive list:

Bearded Dragon's Diet

Latest posts