• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

CB Reptile review

Lovethemhappy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Happy to be joining the community. Revisiting my love of these animals now that I have kids reaching the pet ownership stage of life. As a younger lad I have had several beardies, but always wanted a red phase. I originally was planning on an order with LLL, but they sold out. Great communication with them, and they informed me they are supplied by local breeders, and cannot predict a restock. So, I researched, and ended up at CB Reptiles. I had sticker shock. Well, I wanted something special, so I went with them, and was anxious and excited. Fortunately, our new pet arrived healthy, and I am super happy about that. However, zero red. I didn't want to complain, so I just contacted them inquiring hatch date, and maybe when they see red come on. We wound up down a road of discovering that I made a mistake by choosing to do business with them. I do not care to dwell on it, my daughter loves "Ryan", but I feel I would not be doing any consumer right by not sharing my experience. I now have searched more reviews online, and it makes me sick. This will be my first and last thread with any negativity or regret, as I am now anxious to just enjoy our new pet.

Lovethemhappy

Bearded Dragon Egg
IMG_0310.PNGIMG_0311.PNG

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry that was your experience :( i don’t trust any “big Business” , in the future id order from Morphmarket.com, its independent breeders selling there, they send pictures and pride themselves on genes,.. but please dont fret , i know your dragon looks more orange than red , but he technically is a “red” he may change colors several times, see attached photos of mine changing throughout her life, “high red” dragons run for 500-1000 , if u paid 100-300 they’re giving u a “low red”

Attachments

• 466F322A-0128-49E9-B964-E1387EBD94D1.jpeg
    466F322A-0128-49E9-B964-E1387EBD94D1.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 51140830-35E3-416D-BD80-8207BEF9B02B.jpeg
    51140830-35E3-416D-BD80-8207BEF9B02B.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 14EF8F7A-9A0A-43C1-AD68-4040D7F7E5EE.jpeg
    14EF8F7A-9A0A-43C1-AD68-4040D7F7E5EE.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16

Lovethemhappy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you Skybug. And no fret, as long as he stays healthy. Time will tell as far as color. I appreciate your kind words, and breeder suggestions. I know they change, and thats all I wanted them to reassure. They shouldn’t show pics of an exceptional baby and then ship “low reds” though. They charge $400 for a hatchling, I guess I could have included that info. Chalk it up to a life lesson.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you Skybug. And no fret, as long as he stays healthy. Time will tell as far as color. I appreciate your kind words, and breeder suggestions. I know they change, and thats all I wanted them to reassure. They shouldn’t show pics of an exceptional baby and then ship “low reds” though. They charge $400 for a hatchling, I guess I could have included that info. Chalk it up to a life lesson.
Could you take another picture of him ? Preferably a top down picture, so we can see his patterning , yea its pretty bad practice to show top quality and not send whats in the picture, ive been using this product for my crested gecko, its marketed as to increase their coloring and i have seen results , its ingredients can be beneficial for ur beardy aswell and may increase its colors, i think its kinda to late for my bearded dragon she was fully grown. Since i got the cresty 3 months ago, and haven’t seen much shift in her coloring (the beardy)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 24

Lovethemhappy

Bearded Dragon Egg
I will post some more pics when I am home. I will check that stuff out. I actually started using the Repashi calcium this time around. And an update on CB, I sent them a link to my review, and told them to think about it. They actually replied! They said, no refund, we offered to exchange the animal, but you didn’t want to put your animal in the mail again. I said, I just want the difference in price from a red to normal. They came back and said they would refund me $100. I have to accept that and move on.

Lovethemhappy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Could you take another picture of him ? Preferably a top down picture, so we can see his patterning , yea its pretty bad practice to show top quality and not send whats in the picture, ive been using this product for my crested gecko, its marketed as to increase their coloring and i have seen results , its ingredients can be beneficial for ur beardy aswell and may increase its colors, i think its kinda to late for my bearded dragon she was fully grown. Since i got the cresty 3 months ago, and haven’t seen much shift in her coloring (the beardy)

Attachments

• 4D93346F-C230-4C86-AE7D-8711E29E1D95.jpeg
    4D93346F-C230-4C86-AE7D-8711E29E1D95.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
  • 11A9A9B0-57E4-4320-9087-45474545F993.jpeg
    11A9A9B0-57E4-4320-9087-45474545F993.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Awe He’s pretty cool looking, and his coloring will become more vibrant , he’s so young and he is a red for sure though, make shure whatever vitamin he’s getting has Beta-carotene

Lovethemhappy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you. And honestly, I am happy with him in every way. I guess my expectations were higher based on website photos, but I’m over it. He is doing well, and loves being held. I read about the beta-carotene on one of your other posts. The repashi I use says it has carotenoids. Should I do something more? Thank you for your knowledge, once again.95C8477D-4050-4724-BC3F-59B13DB91989.png

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
If it has carotenoids it should be good enough, beta carotene is the main driver for vibrant colors, I personally have a couple different supplements for my bearded dragon, the calcium i use every other day, the reptivite 2-3 times a week, the liquid vitamin once every other week and the soak every Friday, it wouldn’t hurt to give him a little extra vitamins, it’s important to under dose them, any extra vitamins will come out in their urate, so if u notice its getting hard and chalky he’s getting to much vitamins, since were this far into care , may i ask what kind of lighting he has? This is very important, you want to stay away from “coil”/compact uvb bulbs, they are huge no-nos for bearded dragons, this is the lighting most of us use , ur other option is an arcadia light fixture with their 12% bulb.

Attachments

• 4F447218-4E79-43C1-B6A0-811C82D2520C.jpeg
    4F447218-4E79-43C1-B6A0-811C82D2520C.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 8
  • B66FDCF2-3E32-4487-B789-4981B49CC86D.jpeg
    B66FDCF2-3E32-4487-B789-4981B49CC86D.jpeg
    375 KB · Views: 9
  • 7FE69796-635D-48CE-93B7-59833FF21F4B.jpeg
    7FE69796-635D-48CE-93B7-59833FF21F4B.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 11

Lovethemhappy

Bearded Dragon Egg
If it has carotenoids it should be good enough, beta carotene is the main driver for vibrant colors, I personally have a couple different supplements for my bearded dragon, the calcium i use every other day, the reptivite 2-3 times a week, the liquid vitamin once every other week and the soak every Friday, it wouldn’t hurt to give him a little extra vitamins, it’s important to under dose them, any extra vitamins will come out in their urate, so if u notice its getting hard and chalky he’s getting to much vitamins, since were this far into care , may i ask what kind of lighting he has? This is very important, you want to stay away from “coil”/compact uvb bulbs, they are huge no-nos for bearded dragons, this is the lighting most of us use , ur other option is an arcadia light fixture with their 12% bulb.
He is happily sitting under a mega ray from reptile uv. Hottest basking spot ranges 107-110F.

Lovethemhappy

Bearded Dragon Egg
I was deep into reptile husbandry a few years back. I actually looked up a video of my first dragon Godzilla the other day on youtube. Funny it is 15 years old now, how time flys. I have forgot some, and some things have changed, so I openly welcome good advice still. The vitamin regiments seem to be the biggest advancement that I am noticing, so I truly appreciate you taking the time to help.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
He is happily sitting under a mega ray from reptile uv. Hottest basking spot ranges 107-110F.
The mega ray is a mvb right? Im not too familiar with brand names, I have used mvbs in the past to raise my bearded dragon to a healthy juvenile, but i did encounter a few issues with them , for one if they get bumped or moved at all it basically decreases their lifespan (they’re super touchy), similar to “coil” uvbs they can offer either way to much uvb in a concentrated stream or little to none at all, its hard to tell if they’re a dud or not :/ , ive had to do a lot of research about them cause in my opinion at the time I thought they were Superior, but i later found out they can have the same issues as coil bulbs, i kept the mvb until my dragon was growing past the light it produced, then I replaced her lighting with a long tubular one and noticed a change in her behavior alot more active, if u noticed ur lil guy becoming lethargic or acting not as alert id look into a uvb that can spread it throughout the enclosure.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
The issues with uvb and dragons is they sit under their lights almost all day long (unlike other lizards that heat up and move along with their day) , any light that isnt just right will cause problems, i personally have experienced this with a couple lights, noticed my dragon closing one eye, lethargy, glass surfing

Lovethemhappy

Bearded Dragon Egg
I will take what you say in to consideration. With that said, Reptile UV is certainly not a petco light. They are zoo grade, and have a lot of research available on their site. I know your over mercury vapor, but worth a look for those considering a all in one heat/uv light.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I hope im not coming off as condescending when saying this , but i came to the logic of most uvb bulbs are low wattage, dont produce heat, idk if a uvb getting hot is good for all the components inside of it, i just know they’re expensive and ive gone through enough of them, like I said i did raise my beardy for 4-6 months on them and she doesn’t have mbd or any defects.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I am using one in my tokay geckos enclosure, but he hardly comes out to be under it, so im not worried it’ll hurt him

Attachments

• 6DFF7317-971E-4CAF-8A06-57DC9CC92D80.jpeg
    6DFF7317-971E-4CAF-8A06-57DC9CC92D80.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 28

Lovethemhappy

Bearded Dragon Egg
I hope im not coming off as condescending when saying this , but i came to the logic of most uvb bulbs are low wattage, dont produce heat, idk if a uvb getting hot is good for all the components inside of it, i just know they’re expensive and ive gone through enough of them, like I said i did raise my beardy for 4-6 months on them and she doesn’t have mbd or any defects.
Not at all. If you are not open to advice and discussion what are you doing here. All input is welcome.

Krystal0

Juvenile Dragon
Happy to be joining the community. Revisiting my love of these animals now that I have kids reaching the pet ownership stage of life. As a younger lad I have had several beardies, but always wanted a red phase. I originally was planning on an order with LLL, but they sold out. Great communication with them, and they informed me they are supplied by local breeders, and cannot predict a restock. So, I researched, and ended up at CB Reptiles. I had sticker shock. Well, I wanted something special, so I went with them, and was anxious and excited. Fortunately, our new pet arrived healthy, and I am super happy about that. However, zero red. I didn't want to complain, so I just contacted them inquiring hatch date, and maybe when they see red come on. We wound up down a road of discovering that I made a mistake by choosing to do business with them. I do not care to dwell on it, my daughter loves "Ryan", but I feel I would not be doing any consumer right by not sharing my experience. I now have searched more reviews online, and it makes me sick. This will be my first and last thread with any negativity or regret, as I am now anxious to just enjoy our new pet.

Watched some of your media only

Latest posts