• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Catcus

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Good question. It should only raise your humidity when you water it, which isn't very often. If you do I would stay away from prickly cactus and go with a succulent like a chick and hen or a smooth aloe.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hmm. I was thinking about adding a live cactus for Allie, but not now. The humidity would be an issue with her. But you know what I was thinking? Why not get one for outside the viv?

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ya the thorns is more what i was asking for. Idk if he woukd climb on it and if he did what would the spikes do. They almost have to have some in the desert where they are from

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Yeh but ur beardie not from a desert and wnt know what plants hirt n what dnt. U can grt fake cactus or a smooth 1 like patsyb said.

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Everything i can find online says they can come from a variety of habitats such as scrubland,desert,rocky areas, coast, and woodlands. Thats why i asked. Just wasnt sure what kind of desert habitat they have in australia and if anyone else has tried a cactus. I have been looking for a fake one i like but hard to find around here.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
I got a fake 1 from where i got Diego from its only small b tbh he really likes it n.often climbs on it n sleeps.near it so yeh a fake 1 is gud.
uploadfromtaptalk1397420112022.jpg

You can just c him behind it. He often sleeps there, he likes to sleep on the sand.
uploadfromtaptalk1397420169708.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm such a mom and I don't even have any human kids! I would worry about the thorns sticking them in the eye or ear accidentally!

Latest posts