• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can't use heat lamps!

Katelin Cornwell

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey y'all. I have a 4 year old beardie as a class pet. Never has this been an issue before... But the safety inspector chose 3 classrooms to inspect and mine was one. He told the principal that I can't have heat lamps unless I put them inside the tank. They can't even be hanging. What can I do to heat her cage so I can keep her at school? She has become a bit of an emotional support lizard at the school and I really do not want to take her home!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey y'all. I have a 4 year old beardie as a class pet. Never has this been an issue before... But the safety inspector chose 3 classrooms to inspect and mine was one. He told the principal that I can't have heat lamps unless I put them inside the tank. They can't even be hanging. What can I do to heat her cage so I can keep her at school? She has become a bit of an emotional support lizard at the school and I really do not want to take her home!
You can use a cage and place it in the tank it must be at least 6" above the basking decor- the uvb should be a long tube fixture coils a are a health hazard and will cause all kinds of illnesses - how tall is the tank and what kind of screen? Fine mesh or a wide hole type--

BeardedBeavis

Bearded Dragon Egg
Isn’t that you can’t have the heat lamps in the open? If that’s it, you may see if you can put them in a cage of their own that attaches to the top of the enclosure. That way they won’t be able to be knocked off.

Latest posts