• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cant get the cool side cool?

Gina O

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm 100% new to forums so not sure how to use this but here it goes. I have a zen habitat 4×2×2 which is equivalent to a 120 gallon tank. It have bamboo has the sides and bottom and a screen for the top. I have a 100 watt basking light, a CHE on a dimmer on the basking area and a 36 inch T8 UVB retisun inside the enclosure. It is stacked on top on another enclosure of the same with a spacer so it is kinda high in my pet room which is my warm room. Basking spot is 98.4 and the cool side is 92, humidity is 32. I lost my bearded a couple weeks ago and couldn't stand the empty beautiful enclosure so I got one of my dream dragons from a show this week end. He is about 2.5 months old. I want to get these Temps under control. I know the basking should be a little higher which is fine, I'll turn up the CHE, but how do I cool off my cool side. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Attachments

• Snapchat-2117399518.jpg
    Snapchat-2117399518.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
  • 16816905786634034321741259822381.jpg
    16816905786634034321741259822381.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm 100% new to forums so not sure how to use this but here it goes. I have a zen habitat 4×2×2 which is equivalent to a 120 gallon tank. It have bamboo has the sides and bottom and a screen for the top. I have a 100 watt basking light, a CHE on a dimmer on the basking area and a 36 inch T8 UVB retisun inside the enclosure. It is stacked on top on another enclosure of the same with a spacer so it is kinda high in my pet room which is my warm room. Basking spot is 98.4 and the cool side is 92, humidity is 32. I lost my bearded a couple weeks ago and couldn't stand the empty beautiful enclosure so I got one of my dream dragons from a show this week end. He is about 2.5 months old. I want to get these Temps under control. I know the basking should be a little higher which is fine, I'll turn up the CHE, but how do I cool off my cool side. Any suggestions would be helpful.
The tank is too high to the ceiling heat rises --- please get the tank lower so you can get the temps under control- also the UVB should be a T 5 not a T 8 - distance for a T 8 should be 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor - for a T 5 it would 12-15 inches both inside the tank --- your little dragon is cooking ---

Gina O

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
The tank is too high to the ceiling heat rises --- please get the tank lower so you can get the temps under control- also the UVB should be a T 5 not a T 8 - distance for a T 8 should be 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor - for a T 5 it would 12-15 inches both inside the tank --- your little dragon is cooking ---
I'm sorry, correction, it is a T5. How do you get the UVB and basking bulb in the same spot without melting one out the other? I was always taught the UVB should be 3/4 of the tank....

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm sorry, correction, it is a T5. How do you get the UVB and basking bulb in the same spot without melting one out the other? I was always taught the UVB should be 3/4 of the tank....
ok so get the basking decor directly under the UVB 12-15 inches -- I have the same tank and mine are not in the same area- I have set up two different basking spots for my dragon - hot side is in the back of the tank and the middle of the tank is the UVB towards the front w/ a 75 watt in the center of the tank keeping temps in the 90's posting a pic

Attachments

• New substrate Blaze 9-30-22.jpg
    New substrate Blaze 9-30-22.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts