• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can you put two young females together.

goldie1

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Read some conflicting information about putting two beardies together. Can two females the same age and size be together and what size viv is best.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I wouldn't chance it.. Even females can dominate. I've heard stories where two raised together did fine... But I still wouldn't take that chance... 1 dragon.. 1 viv.
Janie

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I also tend to be on the cautious side. I wouldn't do it. Yes, there are success stories, but beardies are not social creatures by nature. Here's an article provided by one of our breeder members. It discusses two females together. Interesting read.

Housing Multiple Bearded Dragons

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Females can be housed together some times. Most times it is successful with siblings that were already used to sharing their space when they were still with their breeder. Once a female lives on her own and claims it as her territory introducing a second dragon (even if its the same clutch) normally causes problems. The one female, feeling her territory is being encroached upon, will try to dominate the other saying "im the boss this is my house" and one of two things will normally happen (note i say normally not always). The new female will either submit to the first female, eating less basking less and allowing the "alpha" female to run all over her or 2 she will fight back and one of your two dragons if not both ends up missing a body part or two or ends up dead.

goldie1

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. We will just stick with one lady for now.

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
One thing I have heard mentioned here (if they are relatively young and you have a big enough viv) is to separate the viv with cardboard or something. That way, you can have two, but they won't be aware of eachother. Eventually, though, you'd have to have a second viv when they grow.

Latest posts