• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can yellow fungus rub off?

morgynm

Bearded Dragon Egg
Quick question before I call the vet..

can yellow fungus rub off? Yesterday, I noticed some what looked like yellow pollen on my beardie’s snout and up along the edges of her face so I cleaned it up with a damp qtip. The yellow transferred to the qtip so I thought it was just a dye she picked up somewhere but I’ve noticed it back this afternoon. Google brought me to learning about yellow fungus so I’m about to call the vet but I just want to double check that yellow fungus is a powdery fungus first. The pics of it online look like it’s a change in the colour of the scale.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Quick question before I call the vet..

can yellow fungus rub off? Yesterday, I noticed some what looked like yellow pollen on my beardie’s snout and up along the edges of her face so I cleaned it up with a damp qtip. The yellow transferred to the qtip so I thought it was just a dye she picked up somewhere but I’ve noticed it back this afternoon. Google brought me to learning about yellow fungus so I’m about to call the vet but I just want to double check that yellow fungus is a powdery fungus first. The pics of it online look like it’s a change in the colour of the scale.
Please post a pic of the dragon the area in question
Please look at these pics and see if its looks like this

morgynm

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here she is.

Attachments

• 51CB4E7B-1166-4B9D-8026-B48D55A30E3D.jpeg
    51CB4E7B-1166-4B9D-8026-B48D55A30E3D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19

morgynm

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’ll just take her to the vet to put my mind at ease. I was up all night googling and looking at pic of yellow fungus. Reading answers here on the forum. I never thought of shedding though.

morgynm

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here was another pic.

Attachments

• 27805716-1684-412D-A06B-705842629D12.jpeg
    27805716-1684-412D-A06B-705842629D12.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’ll just take her to the vet to put my mind at ease. I was up all night googling and looking at pic of yellow fungus. Reading answers here on the forum. I never thought of shedding though.
Yes they will get like a milk moustache sometimes-- I am thinking its just shed -- did the stuff you wiped off look like scales and flakey -- the way they will test for YF is a skin graph - if its just shed they wont be able to do that --

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here was another pic.
You can take her to the vet if you like but to me its shed -- as she goes thru sheds she will change colors that is normal --- shedding will have different colors as well - gray white opaque color -- heres Blaze shedding - he was a ghost dragon

Attachments

• Ghost dragon 11-30-2019.jpg
    Ghost dragon 11-30-2019.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 15

morgynm

Bearded Dragon Egg
She normally turns whitish when she sheds but after she woke up from brumating back in February, it’s like she’s a different dragon. I also have to ask the vet about this weird pawing at the ground thing she’s started doing. I thought maybe she was gravid but I don’t feel anything around her torso area. I gave her a dig box a week ago but nothing so I need to ask someone. Add this new yellow thing and I’m beyond confused right now. I also have a ball python going through a horrid shed so I’m about to pull my hair out. XD Thank you for your help!

Latest posts