• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can someone build a tank?

pure_addiction_05

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I have been looking for a new tank for Ozzy and I was wondering if there was someone out there knows how and might be willing to build me one? Right now, I don't have a whole heck of a lot of money (Due to the fact I am going to school), so, if there is someone out there who might be willing....that would be great!!! I live in Washington....He needs a bigger tank....and I see all these incredible tanks out there and I can't do that!!! So, yeah, if someone is willing to do that, that would be great!!!! Just send me a message...

pure_addiction_05

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I am pretty bad at building anything....LOL...so, as easy as it may be, it would be pretty stinkin hard for me!!!!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How about refitting a cabinet then ?
Most old stereos are long and wide enough to house a dragon.. Basically you gut the interior, and install vents, lighting, and a runner for your front glass/plexi.. Fairly easy.
Hope that helps out !
Janie

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Noooo you misunderstand.
TO do a refit, you basically remove the entire insides, components and everything.. Then you take a screw driver, a measuring tape, and mark where a light fixture would go, a basking fixture, then screw them into the places.
After that, it's just a matter of placing in your substrate, and pile some bricks for a basking place.. real easy.
As for the runners, I just used finishing nails to adhere runners for my sliding doors, and wallah... done.
Janie

pure_addiction_05

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
LOL...that still sounds to difficult for me to do.....when it comes down to that type of stuff, I am really horrible at doing it! LOL Pretty pathetic, I know....

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Got a local cabinet maker ?
I'm sure they would love the business ... ;)
Just a thought.
Janie

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i could and build my own but the only prob is would cost you a arm and leg in postage as i am in the uk ;D, sorry just thought id offer my services but youll prob find what itll cost to get someone to build one for you, you might as well go out and buy one

paul

Latest posts