• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can O Crickets

toast7887

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I got a can of the "can o crickets" by zoo-med to feed to my juvenile bearded dragon. I sitll feed him live crickets, but (i'm at college) i can't go to the pet store everyday, sometimes i don't have time to, so i feed him these sometimes. Are these crickets still ok to feed them. I've heard that someone used them for years and his beardie grew up fine.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The problem with those canned critters is... preservatives... hardly any protein....
lack of hunt responses.
In a stitch... yeah, though only in a stitch...
Janie

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I asked about them once. My herp vet equated them to feeding your dragon a box of jelly filled donuts. No nutritional value.

Adult dragons can eat proteins 3-4 times per week. Salad should be their daily staple. Keep that in mind as you plan your next trip.

DragonMom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Can-O-Crickits = Waste-O-Money! Don't bother other than as an emergency. No real nutritional value so it's a waste. And the preservatives used aren't what I'd choose to feed mine.

Latest posts