• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can i superglue/silicone my UVB tube-lighting fixture to tank?

Dubya11

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Can i super-glue my standard reptisun UVB tub-lighting fixture to the back glass wall of my tank to prevent having to set it on top of my screen lid? i have see it done but i'm not sure if their was some special lighting fixture used or just one you can buy at any reptile store...? any feedback would be nice just got a new tank and i'm trying to get it all set up

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have used 100% Silicone to fasten the old Bright Stick style under the cabinet fixtures bought at any Hardware store, with UVB bulb installed. But you must have it on it's side or otherwise held firmly in place for 24 hrs for it to cure properly & the fumes to dissipate. I have since been using Hot Glue to hold mine in Place, 5 to 10 minutes cooling time & you are good to go.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Been a couple years & hasn't let go yet, still seems as sturdy as the day I put it on.

Latest posts