• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can I keep a male and female beardie together

James Lewis

Bearded Dragon Egg
I bought these guys from Downunderdragonz over the weekend for my son and the lady told me I could keep them in the same habitat. Im seeing problems in the future when they become young adults with teen pregnancy which I know is not good for them. We of course want Zig and Zag to be healthy.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
No i wudnt house them togetha. They will fight for food best basking spots and tbh they a loner animal. They dnt stay togetha in the wild only to mate. The babies dnt even stay with there mum they r born and off they go. We have two boy beardies n cnt even put them near each other coz wen we do they fight. They mite seem like they gettin on but all it wud take is one of them to b annoyed and Snap. N i no they only small but theu got a stronge jaw and it can b deadly to another beardie so if i was u id b safe rather than sorry. If u wanted them to mate then its fine to put them togetha then but only then:)

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Lmao!! Haha yeh wn livin with mum n dad. Haha so funny thats really made me giggle :aD

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If you want to watch them for about a week straight to make sure nothing bad is happening them go for it. Different drains like different things, mine cant stand being alone.

anthony.price.50767984

Juvenile Dragon
I bought these guys from Downunderdragonz over the weekend for my son and the lady told me I could keep them in the same habitat. Im seeing problems in the future when they become young adults with teen pregnancy which I know is not good for them. We of course want Zig and Zag to be healthy.
Unless u want to breed them realistically i wouldnt house them togethor the amount of stress it will put on the female is alot.

Latest posts