• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can I help him shed?

thorn

Hatchling Dragon
I know warm soaks help with shedding but is there anything else I can do? Some one on chameleon forums said for their BD they use warm mineral oil and a super soft tooth brush to lightly rub it on him. Is there any thing you guys can recommend?

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
You can mist your BD, keep rocks in the cage, and warm soaks, just make sure you don't pull it off yourself. The BD will get it off when it's ready to come off.

thorn

Hatchling Dragon
i have tried to mist him in the past but as soon as the droplets of water touched his cute little butt he skuttled under his log and gave me the stink eye for about an hour or so. i give him warm soaks about once a week now but, I think i should be doing it atleast 2 times a week now that he is peeling again. can any one confirm the "rumor" i posted above about the oil?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I used baby oil for one particular spot that bothered mine. But on the other hand, she rubs herself on anything-sticks, my fingernails, anything that feels good to her. You can say I do 'help' her by misting her or giving her baths. Which reminds me I've got to give her one since her RI's gone away on it's own. :)

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi there, i would do what your doing, nothing more. Good nutrition, depending on age for frequency of baths and your kid will do the rest. :)

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
You can give them two baths a week when shedding. Misting should be done outside of the enclosure.