• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can females lay eggs without mating???

Kat80

Hatchling Dragon
Iv just read that a female BD can lay eggs without mating is this true?? And how?? Also if my female did what age does this start happening and what do I do with the eggs if I don't want to breed them?? Been reading lots of discussions and I'm starting to panic as my girl is nearly 6 months

Sarah Kwiatkowski

Juvenile Dragon
They can lay unfertilized eggs after a year or two in age, but I am not sure how likely this happens. You would just freeze the "slugs" /bad eggs and then toss them. They won't have any babies in them and male dragons can't fertilize them after being laid. Dont panic about this because you have some time and chances are she won't lay eggs. I have an almost 4 year old dragon who never laid eggs.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My Sandy never laid until she was over 6 years old. Yet Dinah would lay infertile eggs yearly, one year 3 times, 83 eggs in one year. Some will, some don't ever.

Some good reading can be found here to watch for the signs & prep for it ...
http://www.beardeddragonforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7 - check out the links titled TO BREED OR NOT TO BREED: A REALITY CHECK - LAY BIN SETUP - EGG LAYING & THE THINGS THAT YOU WILL NEED

Latest posts