• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can Beardies Have "Nightmares"?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Last night just before my bed time I heard a ton of noise coming from the other room. When I got into the living room (where the lizards are) I noticed Magellan freaking out for no reason. He was sleeping for hours and the lights had been out. When he panicked he fell off the ledge he was sleeping on with a "WTF" look on his face. Is it possible he had a "nightmare" that made him wake up in a panic? Everything was silent and completely dark, the cat was sleeping in the bedroom with us so there was nothing to disturb him. Any ideas???

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i would suppose it is possible, cats and dogs have dreams, so i would assume reptiles can to.

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I can safely say yes they do! I have seen one of mine one time with his legs hanging off the edge and they were going a mile a minute. I think he may have been dreaming of running after some predators or bugs.. ;D

Latest posts