• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can bearded dragon live with any other animals

Trisha Stewart

Bearded Dragon Egg
I was wondering if there are any other animals that can live with beardies? My daughter was wondering if a tortoise or a turtle would be able to live with them.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Live with them in the same tank? I don't think it's a good idea. I think that even though a tortoise/turtle is a docile animal your bearded dragon might not think the same way. He might see it as a threat because of the size. Bearded dragons can be aggressive towards other bearded dragons so I'm sure they would be the same with another species. One of our members had their bearded dragon shatter their kittens foot once with it's jaws!

Also, where there is a slight risk with bearded dragons, turtles are known to carry salmonella. You don't want to pass that or any other parasites and illnesses between the species.

Latest posts