• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can anyone tell me what breed is this bearded ?

Long1988

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
DSC00178.jpg

Well...the thing is, i was told that this was "Chris Allen Red" breed.
Can anyone tell me is it true?

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No idea, just wanted to say its really striking with those vivid colours

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Long1988 said:
Well...the thing is, i was told that this was "Chris Allen Red" breed.
Can anyone tell me is it true?

Chris Allen....didn't he win American Idol last year? ;D

I have no idea how to tell what the real breed is....and not sure anybody will be able to pin it down completely.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Who were it's parents?

breed implies to PV or PB etc. Not morph. You're looking for the correct morph

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Ive never heard of the PB morph, so I googled it... Looked at lots of pics. They seem to be darker in colour than the PV. Is that the only difference or are they bigger / different temperament ???

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pogie said:

Ive never heard of the PB morph, so I googled it... Looked at lots of pics. They seem to be darker in colour than the PV. Is that the only difference or are they bigger / different temperament ???

A Pagona barbata is not a morph. It is another species within the Pagona family. Morphs speak to color and genetic traits that have been cultivated to create a specific trait that makes a dragon stand out from another.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A Pagona barbata is not a morph. It is another species within the Pagona family. Morphs speak to color and genetic traits that have been cultivated to create a specific trait that makes a dragon stand out from another.

Thanx, came apon another website. There are like 8 species . . . . Are all the beardies we have as pets Vitticeps????

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pogie said:

Thanx, came apon another website. There are like 8 species . . . . Are all the beardies we have as pets Vitticeps????

Vitticeps, there are some Rankins/lawsons dragons, and supposedly a few people that still have barbata lines though I have never seen any for sale personally.

Latest posts