• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can anyone help ID this morph?

Gfam3

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just bought this little guy for our son (we are first time beardie owners) and was wondering if anyone would be able to help ID his morph. Thanks!
61084A82-F946-4ADB-851A-01FEEFE66E2D.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, we bought the Zoo Med 40 gallon kit. Did away with the sand and put down tile instead. Are the bulbs ok or should they be changed?
Are you using any coils? Normally those tanks come w/a UVB coil and they are NO good -- please tell me what the tank came w/ and I will tell you what to replace -- we need to get your tank up to par so he keeps eating and he acclimates to his tank and surroundings quicker --- he will go thru relocation stress and not eat as much but we want him to keep eating -- if your temps and UVB are not up to par he will do just that

Gfam3

Bearded Dragon Egg
Are you using any coils? Normally those tanks come w/a UVB coil and they are NO good -- please tell me what the tank came w/ and I will tell you what to replace -- we need to get your tank up to par so he keeps eating and he acclimates to his tank and surroundings quicker --- he will go thru relocation stress and not eat as much but we want him to keep eating -- if your temps and UVB are not up to par he will do just that
These are the bulbs that came with it. He’s eating everything that we hand feed him but generally leaves his food dish alone.

Attachments

• 5B00D791-5C81-453F-887D-7C10A16E234D.jpeg
    5B00D791-5C81-453F-887D-7C10A16E234D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • 4DF6506B-216C-4F25-B34D-9C774B248C4A.jpeg
    4DF6506B-216C-4F25-B34D-9C774B248C4A.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 27

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
These are the bulbs that came with it. He’s eating everything that we hand feed him but generally leaves his food dish alone.
Ok we are going to start w/ your surface basking temps and your UVB ---- these are the most important things in the tank ---- extremely ---- so your basking bulb looks to be ok -- you want surface basking temps of 105-110 taken w/a digital probe thermometer -- looks like this https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...meters-1/products/zoo-med-digital-thermometer 2 of them
next for a 40+ gallon tank you want this UVB 24" https://www.pangeareptile.com/collections/fixtures/products/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-hood and this bulb 22" https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...y-vapor/products/zoo-med-reptisun-10-0-uvb-t5
this fixture will come w/a 5.0 bulb if your tank now is a 20 gallon use this bulb ---- distance and placement will be different from the 10.0 bulb --- please get these right away --- and let me know when you get it I will help you place it for you tank ---
if your tank is a 40+ gallon tank you can look for this UVB at a Pet Smart they have started carrying them but if your tank is the 20 gallon its best you go w/ the Zoo Med one
https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...-12-uvb-bulb-with-hood?variant=39549895475242 this is a 24 watt this site is out of stock but I wanted to show you
these are good fixtures and bulbs --- so look for this if you want a 12% bulb desert is the one you want -- I know you said you went to Petco so I dont know if you have a Pet Smart or not but like I said if the tank is a 20 gallon the Zoo Med would be best for now your going to save money in the long run as it will go into the next tank you upgrade to - he will only be in a 20 gallon till hes around 6 months old then he needs to go in to a 75-120 gallon
so lets start here for now

GrayMadder

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi!
Beautiful baby, just looking at the pic your beardie looks Hypo!

I made a quiz that helps ID visual morphs in bearded dragons if you want to take a look!

Lobretto

Bearded Dragon Egg
It honestly doesn't look like a morph, just a nice colored normal bearded dragon, what some pet stores call fancy to charge more. If it is hypo it'll have clear nails, non hypo have a black vein in their nails that the hypo do not. I posted 3 pics of my baby morphs. The first is a hypo witblits possible het for trans, the 2nd is a hypo trans possible het for zero and witblits and the 3rd is a hypo leatherback het for zero possible het for trans and witblits. If you look close you can see some of the signs present in these pics. First the nails you can see are all clear meaning they are hypo, the translucent one has solid black eye and if I took a pic of his belly it's blue. The leatherback has very few raised scales and it's much smoother then a typical dragon.

Attachments

• 20220710_130258.jpg
    20220710_130258.jpg
    611.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220706_100611.jpg
    20220706_100611.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
  • 20220706_100540.jpg
    20220706_100540.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 19

GSieg

Hatchling Dragon
Looks like a Hypo red "tiger". More red and orange will set in with subsequent sheds. The bluish bars should spread a bit as well.

Latest posts