• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can anybody tell me what this is? Is it tail rott?

Maxx horton

Bearded Dragon Egg
She is about 8 years old now, I don't think she can feel it either.
2JEE7pU

Attachments

• IMG_20150723_141433.jpg
    IMG_20150723_141433.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 72

Ben Rivera

Hatchling Dragon
Not sure. How is her eating habits lately? Do you give her vitamins and calcium regularly? I'd also check the lighting and temperatures. Lastly and most importantly get her to a vet that specializes in herps. Please keep us posted with developments.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would get her to a vet. Looks like she got burned on something.

Maxx horton

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would get her to a vet. Looks like she got burned on something.
I can't exactly afford the vet, but I was researching online and it said I should be putting "silvadene ointment" and cleaning it with povidone-iodine regularly.

Maxx horton

Bearded Dragon Egg
Not sure. How is her eating habits lately? Do you give her vitamins and calcium regularly? I'd also check the lighting and temperatures. Lastly and most importantly get her to a vet that specializes in herps. Please keep us posted with developments.
I feed her calcium every day but just recently ran out of vitamins, my UV light might have ran out possibly but its still new (3-4 months old).

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I don't know if I would treat something without knowing for sure what it is. It depends on the type of UV light and it's placement. If you have a T8 size tube bulb on top of mesh, it should be changed at least every 6 months. I was finding that I would get 5 months out of them. A T5 size tube bulb on top of mesh should last a full year.

Andyurgay

Hatchling Dragon
I agree, going to a vet is the best idea. But I understand not having the cash. But taking her in for a check should not be too much. Its usually the treatment that is expensive. You could bring her in for a diagnosis and ask for ways to treat at home if possible. I had to do that with one of my rats, also an exotic vet. Only cost about $40 and I was able to treat her at home.

also there are places you can send in photos and a description to a vet online and see if they could help.

Latest posts