• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can a Beardie be by itself

2760kjc

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have 1 Beardie who seems to be growing ALOT quicker the the others and seems to be a bit aggressive because I have noticed cuts and scrapes on his tank mate. They where both bought at the same time and have always been together. I had to remove another Beardie months ago because he was hurt. We take them out every day and handle them. If the larger Beardie is being aggressive and I remove his tank mate, will my larger 1 be ok? We love them all, just trying to figure out if separating them is best for both of them. The smaller 1 would be in a tank with other BD his size.

jam5971

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Should be housed separately. They are territorial and your Vivarium won’t be big enough for them to each have a territory of their own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They should be separated ASAP. They are solitary animals and need to be housed alone.

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
They ALL need to be housed separately!!!! They do not form "friendships" with other beardies, as you have seen. The problems will only get worse as they are. Co-habitating beardies is asking for trouble.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea sadly the injuries and fatal encounters happen too often :(

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
hi, yes unfortunately, the reason one is bigger and more agressive is because that one is dominant. It will take all of the best food and basking from the others. When you seperate them the appetites of the smaller one will change dramatically as they no longer compete for the food. Eventually though, one of the smaller ones will become the dominant one in its tank and the whole cycle could start again. You will notice a much steadier and even growth rate when they are isolated.

Latest posts