• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can 2 bearded dragons live together and is there a limit to wat they eat?

congo04

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey everyone,

I am a first time owner and have 2 bearded dragons both 4 months old and i was just wondering if you can keep 2 bearded dragons (think male and female) in the same cage with out one killing the other i have read on other web sites that u cant keep bearded dragons together and wanted to know if this is true? Also one of them ate 5 meal worms the other day and hasnt ate since its tummy has bloated out i was just wondering am i over feeding or is there a limit to them eating?

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Everyone will advise you to keep them separated. ;D And from my experience, I have 2 baby beardies around that age and unfortunately, they fought yesterday. (The reason why I had them together was because one of their basking lights burnt out). I have a boy and a girl (at least I still hope so!). About the mealworms, don't give em those. Mealworms have a hard shell and is hard to digest and which can lead to impaction. As for feeding appropriate insects, no bigger than the space between their eyes, and as much as they can eat in a 10-15 minute interval, 2-3 times a day.

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
beardie_love said:
Everyone will advise you to keep them separated. ;D And from my experience, I have 2 baby beardies around that age and unfortunately, they fought yesterday. (The reason why I had them together was because one of their basking lights burnt out). I have a boy and a girl (at least I still hope so!). About the mealworms, don't give em those. Mealworms have a hard shell and is hard to digest and which can lead to impaction. As for feeding appropriate insects, no bigger than the space between their eyes, and as much as they can eat in a 10-15 minute interval, 2-3 times a day.

Yep - just seconding all of that ;)

Here is a good article that explains a bit better why they shouldn't be housed together, no matter whether they are 2 females or a male and a female. Just not a good idea. http://mybeardie.com/housing-multiple-bearded-dragons.php

congo04

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok thanks for your advice ill keep them seperated so and feed them more crickets than meal worms :) who knew something so small could eat so much lol thanks again :)

Latest posts