• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Can’t find right thermometer

livichi7

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! Quick question, I need to get a thermometer for my beardies tank to check the temp, so I was just wondering what thermometer I should get. I know the laser gun ones are the best, so would that work? I cannot measure the actual air with that but could I measure the surface of his basking spot and would that be accurate? Whatever thermometer you recommend I am getting off amazon. Thanks!

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi, use your laser gun for measuring surface/basking temps as you said. For measuring air temperature the most accurate type you can buy is this sort:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B019OQM...t=&hvlocphy=1007053&hvtargid=pla-421619175104
Having the probe means you can position it away from glass, plus it shows you humidity levels as well.

Nb. there are many different makes available, the one shown is just an example of type

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
you can also use an Acurite
serveimage
many of use use these you can find them at walmart for $10 they work great

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
5B8B35E5-2ADE-483B-968D-86D941CAB971.jpeg
This is what I use. You can use the laser to get the temp in one spot or you can not use the laser and get the air temp.

I also use the Accurite ones to measure humidity.

Latest posts