• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

calicum with d3

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
hi i am confused someone told me i supposed to be putting calicum with d3 on 5 day a week on bd food then someone told me as long as i have a reptisun 10.0 uvb light i can put calicum without d3 on his food will somebody tell me which one i should do please

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
General feeding/supplementation schedule:
For hatchlings and young juveniles (up to 2 months): Fresh greens/veg. 1-2 times daily - Live prey 2-3 times per day
Dusted: Five days per week with phosphorus free calcium – one day per week calcium with D3 - One day per week with a vitamin supplement such as Reptivite or Herptivite.

For juveniles and sub-adults (2 months to sexual maturity): Fresh greens/veg 1-2 times daily - Live prey 1-2 times per day
Dusted: Five days per week with phosphorus free calcium – One day per week with calcium with D3 - One day per week with a vitamin supplement such as Reptivite or Herptivite.

For adults (generally 1+ year): Fresh greens/veg 1- 2 times daily - Live prey every 2-3 days.
Dusted: Every other feeding with phosphorus free calcium - Twice per month with calcium with D3 - One day per week with a vitamin supplement such as Reptivite or Herptivite.

As there are different circumstances that may arise, this schedule is recommended only as a general guide and may be altered to accommodate individual situations. Using a tracking method of when you dust prevents unnecessary use of product and more importantly, potential harm to your dragon! With proper and effective UVB lighting, supplementation with vitamin D3 is not imperative but should provided in small amounts. Excessive levels of oral vitamin D3 can potentially lead to the excessive absorption and utilization of calcium and/or toxicity as can the excessive use of supplements containing high levels of vitamin A. Over use of any supplement can have the potential to cause serious health problems, stick to an appropriate supplementation schedule.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
hi i am confused someone told me i supposed to be putting calicum with d3 on 5 day a week on bd food then someone told me as long as i have a reptisun 10.0 uvb light i can put calicum without d3 on his food will somebody tell me which one i should do please
I can understand the confusion! It can be difficult to even find calcium without D3, I was told by my vet that I should buy the calcium without since I use appropriate UVB. Many people will argue that point though, it has been used as a supplement for a very long time. In fact, I just got in an argument today about it when I couldn't buy even the multivitamin at the pet store I went in to without it. What is the deal with that? I'm not saying this to contradict Germ at all, I'm saying that it can be very confusing. Many parts of BD husbandry are in heated debate.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Not contradicting me at all ;)
Yep, just hadn't wanted to confuse anyone either :confused: some people don't read everything. Or, like me, only pay attention to certain things and forget about the rest.

Latest posts