• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Calcium

Double d

Hatchling Dragon
should I be giving my dragons calcium and D3 daily.. I've been doing once a week on Sundays

Dragnmum

Hatchling Dragon
This is the chart I follow...
6f0c567f47ebc2c9878c024afd0859d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is what we go by and have written up in our general care info thread.

SUPPLIMENTS
You want to dust one protein meal a day with some sort of supplement. Most people do:

6X a week with calcium without D3
1X a week with a multivitamin

There are some exceptions though and other supplements that can be used. If you don’t have the proper UVB lighting, or you have a rescue dragon that you don’t know if it ever had UVB lighting, or you have a female that has just laid eggs, then do:

3X a week calcium without D3
3X a week calcium with D3
1X a week with a multivitamin

The above schedule is good for babies and juvenile bearded dragons. Adult bearded dragons should only be getting protein 3 days a week. In this case you could do:

2X calcium
1X multivitamin.

It’s not necessary to dust your salads with a calcium and multivitamins. Greens and veggies contain a slew of vitamins and minerals if you feed the right ones. So dusting them is kinda redundant.

It’s good to remember that proper UVB lighting lends to the creation of vitamin D3 and proper heating helps the absorption of calcium. When setting up your lights you want the UVB light and the basking light to overlap slightly to ensure this process happens.

Some other supplements that are helpful but not necessary are bee pollen and a probiotic.

Bee pollen is becoming very popular in the bearded dragon world. It is packed with protein, amino acids, vitamins and minerals. Picky eaters will sometimes devour food sprinkled in bee pollen because it gives it a bit of sweetness.

Bee pollen comes in granule or powder form. Either one is acceptable but powder is probably easier to use. It can be purchased online or at a vitamin store.

Probiotics can help restore the gut after a regime of antibiotics or a change in diet such as switching over to a more veggie diet for adults.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Don't give calcium with D3 every day. If you have a good UVB light they should be getting most of their D3 from the light so supplementing just a few times a week is a good boost.