• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Calc Powder a No Go

blackclaw83

Juvenile Dragon
Well we have a problem with our Spazz....Lets start by just saying what a finiky, picky, little terror,....ok not a terror......just a pain lol....But the problem is that he will not eat anything with calc powder on it. I have tried it on the crix, on the greens, with a extreamly light dose, light, med, heavy. With/ With out Vit D3. I just cant get him to eat anything with it. I dont know why. Does it tast like anything that would make him not like it?

I have put 1 crix in with and 1 in w/o cal powder and the 1 w/o is always left. Never fails. Ideas? Suggestions? Anything? A bone? :confused:

Pat B

Super Moderator
Well we have a problem with our Spazz....Lets start by just saying what a finiky, picky, little terror,....ok not a terror......just a pain lol....But the problem is that he will not eat anything with calc powder on it. I have tried it on the crix, on the greens, with a extreamly light dose, light, med, heavy. With/ With out Vit D3. I just cant get him to eat anything with it. I dont know why. Does it tast like anything that would make him not like it?

I have put 1 crix in with and 1 in w/o cal powder and the 1 w/o is always left. Never fails. Ideas? Suggestions? Anything? A bone? :confused:
What a little booger with an attitude you have....lol. Never had that problem. What about shedding? lighting is correct? does he eat greens? Is calc powder THAT important? Probably is. What about if he is hungry he will eat?? I have never given my beardie D3 just calcium on his crix. Should I be? Good Luck!!

blackclaw83

Juvenile Dragon
Well i was reading a thing Germ posted when i first got little one. and it was talking about cal powder. So i tried it on the crixs no luck. Tried it on greens with no luck. Lights are perfect. UVB is a 10.0, heat is 110-112. Ample room, no more clutter. loves it....i just dont get it ooooo he is hungry....little bugger is eating us out of house and home when it comes to crixs now im loving it:cool::)

Pat B

Super Moderator
Well i was reading a thing Germ posted when i first got little one. and it was talking about cal powder. So i tried it on the crixs no luck. Tried it on greens with no luck. Lights are perfect. UVB is a 10.0, heat is 110-112. Ample room, no more clutter. loves it....i just dont get it ooooo he is hungry....little bugger is eating us out of house and home when it comes to crixs now im loving it:cool::)
LOL!! I know they don't like clutter. Crix are not cheap. I get so pi**ed at Petsmart because I will buy 30 and 10 will be dead the next day but I don't want a colony and roaches creep me out. I can't wait until Spike eats crix maybe once or twice a week and he looooves his mealies.

blackclaw83

Juvenile Dragon
spazz loves mealies to...just dont want to feed thous to him all the time yet...cant wait till i can start him on super worms. a friend was telling me thouse are good for adults....im just worried about his vit....he isnt getting what he needs besides his greens, crixs, what his lights give him, and his bath water, plus i put reptisafe into the water before each bath

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Superworms are very fatty, 3 times the fat with similar protein content as crickets. This is the case with most worms & is why they are not recommended as a staple diet as it will in the long run, shorten the BDs overall life expectancy.
index.php

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
What is reptisafe? Never heard of it....is it something you must put in his bath?
It's a water conditioner. Really not necessary unless the water that you have is so bad that even you as a human can't drink it.

Pat B

Super Moderator
It's a water conditioner. Really not necessary unless the water that you have is so bad that even you as a human can't drink it.
I think is something pet stores sell to make money....:rolleyes: I don't drink my water because it doesn't taste good but I have been giving Spike a bath in it for over 3 months and he seems to be fine....:rolleyes:

Latest posts