• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cactus pear

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
Are there different types of cactus pears? I bought one yesterday and was excited to give it to Rocky, but when I cut it open I noticed that it was full of hard seeds. I decided not to give it to him, b/c I thought the seeds would cause impaction. Also, where would I find cactus pads? Is there a website that I can buy from?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Do you have any Mexican stores around you? They've got cactus pads. I gave some to Allie and she didn't really like them well. They're slimy and sticky like Okra.

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
Hrm... I'm sure there are some around me somewhere; there are a lot of mexicans/latinos in my area. The farmers market I go to for my fruits and veggies is run by people of the spanish speaking nature, but I haven't seen any cactus pads.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Same here. I've got some Mexican grocery stores, produce markets, and bakeries. A ton of them here. It also depends on your area. Maybe you can find some on the web. If you live in GA, there's a store called DelRay Farms in Dalton GA. They had them the last time I checked.

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
Nah.. I live in Long Island. I'll have to do some research and find other farmers markets around me and/or see if there are any websites that sell them.

Latest posts