• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Buying a bearded dragon 5ft kit

Greenwings77

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a bearded dragon and I am struggling to find a 5ft enclosure with all the things you would find in a starter kit.
All starter kits I have found are too small, and any vivs that are 5ft don't come with the accessories.
I really don't want to have to buy everything individually!!

Any suggestions of where i can buy somethig like this from or brands online i can buy from would be welcome :)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a bearded dragon and I am struggling to find a 5ft enclosure with all the things you would find in a starter kit.
All starter kits I have found are too small, and any vivs that are 5ft don't come with the accessories.
I really don't want to have to buy everything individually!!

Any suggestions of where i can buy somethig like this from or brands online i can buy from would be welcome :)
Most kits come w/ stuff you dont want---- for instance a coil UVB they are the worst - your better off buying everything separate here is a list of stuff to go by----
the tank for a baby should be like a 20 gallon - you can keep him in that till hes about 5 months no longer tho - then go to a 4x2x2 / 120 gallon tank - its easier to take care of them in a 20 gallon --- you can get the 24" UVB Zoo Med fixture that comes w/ a 5.0 bulb for a 20 gallon tank -- I can help you set these tanks up w/ your UVB -- I can post websites for 4x2x2 tanks and for UVB's along w/ other heating bulbs you need/ want - you want digital probe thermometers 2 of them --- those are the most accurate IR guns are good but will not read off of certain materials example hammocks - if you plan to get one of those do not get the green mesh or braided ones they are notorious for causing nail and foot injuries - you want a cloth or a fleece one - I can post websites as to where to find those as well -- any questions please ask

Greenwings77

Bearded Dragon Egg
Most kits come w/ stuff you dont want---- for instance a coil UVB they are the worst - your better off buying everything separate here is a list of stuff to go by----
the tank for a baby should be like a 20 gallon - you can keep him in that till hes about 5 months no longer tho - then go to a 4x2x2 / 120 gallon tank - its easier to take care of them in a 20 gallon --- you can get the 24" UVB Zoo Med fixture that comes w/ a 5.0 bulb for a 20 gallon tank -- I can help you set these tanks up w/ your UVB -- I can post websites for 4x2x2 tanks and for UVB's along w/ other heating bulbs you need/ want - you want digital probe thermometers 2 of them --- those are the most accurate IR guns are good but will not read off of certain materials example hammocks - if you plan to get one of those do not get the green mesh or braided ones they are notorious for causing nail and foot injuries - you want a cloth or a fleece one - I can post websites as to where to find those as well -- any questions please ask
Thanks, I've got a good idea of what I need, just looking for somewhere that sells at least a 5ft viv with 'starter accessories'. I'm all too aware that most kits come with low quality things in, that's why I wanted to see if anyone found one that's got at least some good stuff included. I don't mind adding better things to it if I have to :)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks, I've got a good idea of what I need, just looking for somewhere that sells at least a 5ft viv with 'starter accessories'. I'm all too aware that most kits come with low quality things in, that's why I wanted to see if anyone found one that's got at least some good stuff included. I don't mind adding better things to it if I have to :)
I dont know of or even heard of any kits that are 5 ft that have accessories - your better off buying everything separate- you can probably get a 20 gallon tank off of craigslist or fb marketplace to start w/ and then start building your tank accessories - just make sure you sanitize the tank if its used - some good sanitizers are F10 vet disinfectant is the best - Rescue or Zoo Meds Wipeout - you dont want a baby in a 5 ft tank -- you can keep a baby dragon in a 40 gallon if you like as well and he can stay in that - if your planning to get a 5 ft tank I would recommend a 36" UVB fixture --- the 24" is good for 4 ft tanks - you dont want a UVB covering the whole length of the tank - they need to be able to get out from it w/ out hiding from it -

Latest posts